Wrapper or blanket of hand-spun cotton, strip-woven, and patterned with supplementary patterning wefts in geometric designs.
Probably about 1920, acquired by Paul Poiret (b. 1879 - d. 1944), Paris; until 2005, by descent within the family; May 11, 2005, Poiret collection sale, Piasa (Drouot-Richelieu), Paris, lot 335, sold to Beverley Birks, New York; sold by Birks to Andres Moraga, Berkeley, CA; 2011, sold by Moraga to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 22, 2011)
Museum purchase with funds donated by Alan and Suzanne Dworsky and by Jeremy and Hanne Grantham