Pieced Floating Bars quilt; single maroon bar at center flanked by alternating royal blue and light and dark green bars, wide red border, dark green binding. Central panel quilted with diamond lattice; border quilted in flowering vine pattern. Backed with dark green plain weave.
By 1980, with David Wheatcroft, Pennsylvania; 1980, sold by Wheatcroft to Catherine Anthony, Texas; 2010, with Gerald Roy; 2011, sold by Roy to the MFA (Accession date: March 23, 2011)
Museum purchase with funds donated by Hanne and Jeremy Grantham, Jane and Robert Burke, an anonymous donor, Jane Pappalardo, Lynne and Mark Rickabaugh, Carol Wall, Heidi Nitze, Ruth Oliver Jolliffe, and Mrs. Robert B. Newman, and funds by exchange from anonymous gifts, a Bequest of Miss Ellen Starkey Bates, William Sturgis Bigelow Collection, Gift of the Estate of Annie B. Coolidge, Gift of Mrs. John Dane, Gift of Louis H. Farlow, Alfred Greenough Collection, Gift of M. M. Greer, Gift of Mrs. Chester A. Hoefer, James Fund, Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Harold Karlin, Gift of Miss Mildred Kennedy, Gift of Francis Stewart Kershaw, Gift of Mrs. Bliss Knapp, Gift of Mathias Komor, The Elizabeth Day McCormick Collection, Gift of Miss Louise M. Nathurst, Gift of Mrs. George N. Northrop, and Gift of Mrs. Albertine W. F. Valentine, residuary legatee under the will of Hervey E. Wetzel
American, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, Amish, about 1940
- Menno Peachy, American, 20th century