Paris: Ambroise Vollard, 1931
Galerie Gérald Cramer, Geneva, from whom purchased by MFA, January 9, 1947.
William A. Sargent Fund
© 2011 Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York.
- Illustrated by Pablo Picasso, Spanish (worked in France), 1881–1973
- Cut by Georges Aubert, French, 20th century
- Author Honoré de Balzac, French, 1799–1850
- Publisher Ambroise Vollard, French, 1867–1939
- Printer Louis Fort, French, 20th century
- Printer Aimé Jourde, French, 20th century
Place of Publication
Artist & the Book 225; Geiser 123-35
Overall (book only): 33.3 x 26.6 x 3.5 cm (13 1/8 x 10 1/2 x 1 3/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Illustrated book with 13 etchings and 67 wood engravings