New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1882
W. G. Russell Allen, Boston (1882-1955), by whom given to MFA, March 13, 1947.
Gift of W. G. Russell Allen
- Illustrated by Winslow Homer, American, 1836–1910
- Illustrated by William Hamilton Gibson, American, 1850–1896
- Illustrated by Robert Frederick Blum, American, 1857–1903
- Illustrated by Jessie Curtis, American, 19th century
- Illustrated by Mary Hallock Foote, American, 1847–1938
- Illustrated by Arthur Burdett Frost, American, 1851–1928
- Illustrated by Alfred Kappes, American, 1850–1894
- Illustrated by William Ludwell Sheppard, American, 1833–1912
- Engraved by E. Clement, American, 1880?
- Engraved by William Jay Dana, American, 1839–1913
- Engraved by John Parker Davis, American, 1832–1910
- Engraved by E. C. Held, American, 1885?
- Engraved by John William Evans, American, born in 1855
- Engraved by Ernst Heinemann, American, 1848–1912
- Engraved by J. Hellawell, American, 19th century
- Engraved by Frederick Juengling, American (Germany), 1846–1889
- Engraved by Samuel Smith Kilburn, American, 1831–1903
- Engraved by F. S. King, American, born in 1850
- Engraved by Gustav Kruell, American (Germany), 1843–1907
- Engraved by Elbridge Kingsley, American, 1841–1915
- Engraved by F. Leblanc, American, 1880 ?
- Engraved by David Nichols, American, 1885?
- Engraved by Caroline A. Powell, American, 1881?
- Engraved by Thomas D. Sugden, American
- Engraved by Varley, American, 1880 ?
- Engraved by Albert J. Whitney, American, 1881
- Engraved by John H. E. Whitney, American, 1865
- Produced by Photo-Engraving Co., New York
- Author Edward Payson Roe, American, 1838–1888
- Publisher Dodd, Mead & Company, American, founded in 1876
Place of Publication
New York, New York, USA
Hamilton, Early American Book Illustrators, no. 867
Overall: 24 x 18.5 x 3.5 cm (9 7/16 x 7 5/16 x 1 3/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Illustrated book with wood engravings and photomechanical relief prints