The Hague: Gosse & Neaulme, 1728-1729
T. Holmes (signature on title); James Shaw (bookplate); acquired in 1923 by William A. Sargent, Boston (1858-1936), by whom bequeathed to MFA, November 17, 1937.
Bequest of William A. Sargent
- Illustrated by Bernard Picart, French, 1673–1733
- Portrait(s) designed by Hyacinthe François Rigau y Ros, called Hyacinthe Rigaud, French, 1659–1743
- Author M. de Fontenelle (Bernard Le Bovier), French, 1657–1757
- Printer Pierre Gosse, Dutch, 18th century
- Printer Jean Neaulme, Dutch, 18th century