London: [v. 1-2] John Boydell, 1777; [v. 3] Thomas Davison, for Hurst, Robinson, & Co., 1819
Charles E. Lauriat Co., Boston; Charles F. Bates; purchased in 1922 by William A. Sargent, Boston (1858-1936), by whom bequeathed to MFA, November 17, 1937.
Bequest of William A. Sargent
[vol. 3] Liber Veritatis; or A Collection of Prints, after the Original Designs of Claude le Lorrain; in the Collection of His Grace the Duke of Devonshire, Earl Spencer, Richard Payne Knight [et al.]
- Richard Earlom, English, 1742 or 1743–1822
- After Claude Lorrain (Claude Gellée), French (active in Rome), 1600–1682
- Mezzotint by Josiah (Joshua) Boydell, English, 1752–1817
- Engraved by Benjamin Smith, English, 1754–1833
- After Charles Borckhardt, English, active 1784–1825
- Mezzotint by Thomas Lupton, English, 1791–1873
- After Gilbert Stuart, American, 1755–1828
- Publisher John Boydell, English, 1719–1804
- Publisher Hurst, Robinson, and Co.
- Printer Thomas Davison, English, early 19th century