Paris: Bossange, Masson et Besson [et al.], 1808
Augustus Field (signature with further inscription "Harvard University Cambridge Mass U.S.A."; Clement C. Moore (signature with date 1849; author, 1779-1863); acquired in New York in 1926 by William A. Sargent, Boston (1858-1936), by whom bequeathed to MFA, November 17, 1937.
Bequest of William A. Sargent
- Illustrated by Pierre-Paul Prud'hon, French, 1758–1823
- Engraved by Jacques Louis Copia, French, 1764–1799
- Portrait(s) designed by Pierre-Marie Gault de Saint-Germain, French, 1754–1842
- Author Jean-Jacques Rousseau, French, 1712–1778
- Publisher Bossange, Masson et Besson, French, active early 19th century