Antwerp: Gerard de Jode [about 1565-1571]
Ferdinand Hoffmann, Baron Gruenstein (1540-1607, Grünpichl and Strechau) given by him to his wife, Margaretha von Harrach; by descent through the Counts Harrach, to the Hradec Library; William H. Schab, New York, from whom purchased by MFA, January 12, 1950.
William A. Sargent Fund
- Designer Hans Vredeman de Vries, Netherlandish, 1527–1606?
- Etched by Jan van Doetecum, Netherlandish, active 1554–about 1600
- Etched by Lucas van Doetecum, Netherlandish, active 1554–about 1584
- Influence of Jacques Androuet du Cerceau, French, 1556–1614
- Publisher Gerard de Jode, Netherlandish, 1509 to 1517–1591
Place of Publication
Berlin 225; Hollstein, Dutch and Flemish, vol. 47, no. 240-56
Overall: 32 x 21.5 x 5.3 cm (12 5/8 x 8 7/16 x 2 1/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Etched title page and sixteen etchings