Although this print was published in a two-volume work, the "Commentaria de Antiquis Sculptoribus," in Florence in 1784-86, it bears the inscription "Franc. Bartolozzi Scul. Venetiis", which indicates that it was etched when Bartolozzi was working in Venice. He came to London in 1764.
Verso, lower left-center, stamped in red ink, the mark of Henry F. Sewall, New York (1816-1896)(Lugt 1309); verso, center, stamped in violet ink, the mark of the MFA Harvey D. Parker Collection (Lugt 1870)
Henry F. Sewall, New York (1816-1896)(Lugt 1309); purchased by MFA November 1897
Harvey D. Parker Collection