London: Thomas Roycroft, 1668
Pauncefort-Duncombe of Brickhill Manor [bookplate]; Arthur and Charlotte Vershbow, by whom given to MFA, September 28, 1988.
Gift of Arthur and Charlotte Vershbow in memory of Paul Bernat
Aesopic's: or a Second Collection of Fables, Paraphras'd in Verse: Adorn'd with Sculpture, and Illustrated with Annotations.
Androcleus or, the Roman Slave
The Ephesian Matron: or Widows Tears
- Illustrated by Francis Barlow, English, 1626–1702
- Etched by Wenceslaus Hollar, Bohemian (active in Germany, Netherlands, England), 1607–1677
- Etched by Dirck Stoop, Dutch, about 1618–after 1681?
- Etched by Robert Gaywood, English, active 1650–1680
- Author Aesop
- Author John Ogilby, English, 1600–1676
- Printer Thomas Roycroft, English, died in 1677
Place of Publication
Wing A697-698; Pennington, Hollar, 333-418; Hollstein, Dutch and Flemish, [Stoop] pp. 122-23, nos. 39-62
Overall: 41.5 x 28.3 x 7 cm (16 5/16 x 11 1/8 x 2 3/4 in.)
Medium or Technique
Illustrated book with 150 etchings