Antwerp: widow and sons of Jan Moretus, 1612
Coll.: J. Maudin (inscription dated 1620); unidentified inscription dated 1693; G. Delmay; Arthur and Charlotte Vershbow, by whom given to MFA, December 1990.
Gift of Arthur and Charlotte Vershbow
- Illustrated by Hans Vredeman de Vries, Netherlandish, 1527–1606?
- Illustrated by Gerard Groenning, Netherlandish, 16th century
- Illustrated by Marcus Gheeraerts I, Netherlandish, 1521–about 1604
- Etched by Jan van Doetecum, Netherlandish, active 1554–about 1600
- Etched by Lucas van Doetecum, Netherlandish, active 1554–about 1584
- Author Abraham Ortelius, Netherlandish, 1527–1598
- Publisher Jan Moretus, Netherlandish, 1543–1610
Place of Publication
Brunet IV, 242; Berlin 229 (1573 ed.); Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum Ornamentprenten, I, cat. 178; Funck, p. 373
Overall: 18.8 x 14 x 1.5 cm (7 3/8 x 5 1/2 x 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Illustrated book with engraved title page and 59 etched and engraved illustrations