Cremona: Ippolito Tromba and Ercoliano Bartoli, for the author, 1585
Philip Hofer, Cambridge, MA (1898-1984), by whom given to MFA, March 7, 1940.
Gift of Philip Hofer, Esq.
- Illustrated by Antonio Campi, Italian, 1523–1587
- Engraved by Agostino Carracci, Italian, 1557–1602
- Author David, de Laude, Italian, 16th century
- Engraved by Ippolito Tromba, Italian, 16th century
- Printer Ercoliano Bartoli, Italian, 16th century
Place of Publication
Brunet I, 1526; Mortimer, Italian, 100; Bohlin, Carracci, cat. 56-92; [facsimile ed. by Rita Barbisotti] (Cremona: 1990)
Medium or Technique
Illustrated book with engraved title page, 42 engravings, and one woodcut