London: Jacob Tonson, 1719
Acquired in 1922 by William A. Sargent, Boston (1858-1936), by whom bequeathed to MFA, November 17, 1937.
Bequest of William A. Sargent
Ovid's Amours, in Three Books
The Court of Love. A Tale, from Chaucer.
The History of Love. A Poem: in a Letter to a Lady.
- Engraved by Samuel Gribelin, English, 17th century
- After Francesco Albani, Italian (Bolognese), 1578–1660
- Author Ovid, 43 B.C.–17 or 18 A.D.
- Author Geoffrey Chaucer, English, died in 1400
- Author Charles Hopkins, English, 1664?–1700?
- Translator John Dryden, English, 1631–1700
- Publisher Jacob Tonson, English, 1656?–1736