Paris: Georges Bell, 1858
Private collector, by whom given to MFA September 17, 1986..
Gift of Charles W. Millard III
The Virgins of Lesbos
- Illustrated by Jean Louis Hamon, French, 1821–1874
- Photographer Auguste Nicolas Bertsch, French, 1813–1870
- Photographer Camille d'Arnaud, French, 19th century
- Author Joseph Méry, French, 1798–1865
- Publisher Georges Bell, French, 19th century
Place of Publication
Overall: 32.5 x 25 x 1.4 cm (12 13/16 x 9 13/16 x 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Illustrated book with three photographs (salt prints from collodion -on-glass negatives).