Graphite verso: "P2W / 49.155 / pl. III / III. C. / 3C [latter crossed out]"
Pen and brown ink, lower right "Jas & J C Callowhill."
William T. Walters, Baltimore, MD (1819-1894); Walters Art Gallery (renamed Walters Art Museum in 2000), Baltimore; acquired from sales desk of the Walters about 1970 by Lilian M. C. Randall, by whom given to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, December 17, 2008.
Gift of Lilian Randall