Pear-shaped body of earthenware incised with geometric designs. one side primarily triangles, the other side mixed. Traces of blue, red, yellow, and white paint. Mouth-hole at end and two fingerholes on knobs.
Before 1979, private collection of New Guinea material compiled about 1930, New York; about 1979, Lillian Caplin, Center for Musical Antiquities, New York; before 1984, sold by Caplin to Douglas Deihl, Northampton, Massachusetts; 1984, sold by Deihl to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 13, 1984)
Helen and Alice Colburn Fund