Flat, oval-shaped body of earthenware with incised geometric designs, including four-point star on one side and three diamonds on reverse. Painted blue, red, and yellow. Mouth-hole at end, two fingerholes on knobs, and one hole for carrying cord.
Before 1979, private collection of New Guinea material compiled about 1930, New York; about 1979, Lillian Caplin, Center for Musical Antiquities, New York; before 1984, sold by Caplin to Douglas Deihl, Northampton, Massachusetts; 1984, sold by Deihl to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 13, 1984)
Helen and Alice Colburn Fund