Flat, rectangular-shaped body of earthenware with incised geometric designs. Painted blue, red, and orange. Mouth-hole at end and two fingerholes on knobs.
Small glued-on label with typed number "6" or "9"
Before 1979, private collection of New Guinea material compiled about 1930, New York; about 1979, Lillian Caplin, Center for Musical Antiquities, New York; before 1984, sold by Caplin to Douglas Deihl, Northampton, Massachusetts; 1984, sold by Deihl to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 13, 1984)
Helen and Alice Colburn Fund
Possibly Central Highlands, Papua New Guinea
Length 14.2 cm, width 9.3 cm, depth 4.1 cm (Length 5 9/16 in., width 3 11/16 in., depth 1 5/8 in.)
Medium or Technique