Ivory hunting horn. Irregular bore with a wooden pierced plug located 25 cm. from the bell opening. Made of an elephant's tusk, richly carved with hunting scenes and the conversion of St. Eustace. Hemispherical cup mouthpiece of ivory with small orifice and conoidal backbore.
Francis W. Galpin (1858-1945), Hatfield Regis, England; 1916, sold by Francis W. Galpin to William Lindsey (1858-1922), Boston, Massachusetts; 1916, gift of William Lindsey, in memory of his daughter, Leslie Lindsey Mason, to the MFA. (Accession Date: October 5, 1916)
Leslie Lindsey Mason Collection