Conical tube of sheet steel with hemispherical bell and mouthcap covering a double reed of brass. Painted red.
Before 1900, made and used in the Shetland Islands, England; by 1916, acquired by Francis W. Galpin (1858-1945), Hatfield Regis, England; 1916, sold by Galpin to William Lindsey (1858-1922), Boston, Massachusetts; 1916, gift of William Lindsey, in memory of his daughter, Leslie Lindsey Mason, to the MFA. (Accession Date: October 5, 1916)
Leslie Lindsey Mason Collection