Slender conical body of wood stained/painted black with beveled embouchure end. Narrow end pierced longitudinally by small hole into bore and tip steeply cut away along one side. Integral eyelet near embouchure end with long carrying cord of twined plant fiber.
About 1925, collected in Chad by a missionary; before 1984, sold by a pawn broker as part of a collection, Albuquerque, New Mexico, to Douglas Deihl, Northampton; 1984, sold by Deihl to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 13, 1984)
Helen and Alice Colburn Fund