Body of nickel silver in circular ("helicon") form. Three rotary valves of type with oval windways designed about 1850 by Joseph Lathrop Allen (Boston.) Mouthpiece missing.
Engraved on bell: Made for the / ALLEGHANIANS, / by / Hall & Quinby, / Boston
1996, sold by Robert E. Sheldon, Washington, DC, to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 26, 1996)
Foster Charitable Fund