Each wine coaster has a pierced cylindrical gallery with a beaded border and applied laurel swags. At the center is a shield engraved with a crest. The piercing is apparently die-cut, and the swags are die-stamped. The base of the coaster is turned mahogany.
ARMORIALS: engraved on each , an unidentified crest (a greyhound courant).
On bottom rim of each, maker's mark RM / &Co (Jackson, 1989, p. 441); lion passant; crown; date letter E.
Bequest of Mrs. Thomas O. Richardson to the MFA. (Accession Date: July 16, 1925)
Bequest of Mrs. Thomas O. Richardson