This information is in the process of being reviewed, and will be corrected and updated as research progresses. 1920s, sold by a Bostonian family to Mrs. Henry H. Chase, West Concord, NH [see note 1]; 1959, presented to her daughter, Mrs. W. Ogilvie Comstock, Brookline, MA; 1968, gift of Mr. and Mrs. W. Ogilvie Comstock. (Accession Date: December 11, 1968) NOTES:  According to a letter from Mrs. W. Ogilvie Comstock, daughter of Mrs. Chase, October 5, 1963, to the MFA. In addition, see letter in MFA curatorial file from the MFA to Mrs. Chase, indicating the painting was in her ownership by at least 1931.
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. W. Ogilvie Comstock