Flat scroll decoration on back and front stretcher. Other stretchers and uprights turned.
By 1635, possibly brought to America by John Cogswell on the ship Angel Gabriel. 1874, Mr. Henry FitzGilbert Waters of Salem, MA. Purchased by Frank Gardner Smith of Brookline, MA. 1917, purchased by Lucy H. Bowdoin; 1917, presented to Robert Gardner McClung [see note 1]; 1928; Bequest of Robert Gardner McClung to the MFA. (June 7, 1928) Notes:  Formerly lent to the MFA by Robert G. McClung, October 22, 1917 (Loan #842.-843.17).
Bequest of Robert Gardner McClung