Each salt is in the form of a heavily cast and chased leopard's paw emerging from a crenelated turret and surmounted by a raised hemispherical bowl.
ARMORIALS: engraved on side of each, the arms of Clyton impaling East for Sir Harold Clayton fourth Baronet of Marden Park Godstone, co Surrey, and Harleyford, co. Buckinghamshire, (1762-1834), and Mary, only daugther of Sir William East, Baronet of Hall Place, co Berkshire.
On side of each, maker's mark PL (Grimwade 2204); lion passant; leopard's head crowned; date letter k
By descent to Sir Harold Dudley Clayton, tenth Baronet of Marden, sold by S.J. Shrubsole, 1953; The Antique Procelain Co., Inc., New York and London, purchased May 8, 1963. (Accession Date: May 8, 1963)
Theodora Wilbour Fund in memory of Charlotte Beebe Wilbour