Seated figure dressed in ruby red robes; within golden quatrefoil frame of scrolls and vines, with 4 lunettes of blue; leaded clear glass to wooden frame; From a series of the Four Doctors of the Church (rest lost).
Baron Eberhard Schenk zu Schweinsberg, Wiesbaden. 1972, purchased by the MFA.
Francis Welch Fund
German (Nurnberg), about 1511
- Hans Süss von Kulmbach, German, about 1480–1522