Lower right: E. Boudin 92. / Villefranche 27 fev. 92.
May 10, 1892, sold by the artist to Durand-Ruel, Paris; by 1898, with Durand-Ruel, New York; March 22, 1899, sold by Durand-Ruel, New York, to Senator Edward O. Wolcott, Colorado Springs and Washington DC; to his brother the Rev. William E. Wolcott, Lawrence, MA (d. 1911); bequeathed to the White Fund of Lawrence, MA. On loan to the MFA by the Trustees of the White Fund, Lawrence, MA, since November 13, 1912.
Deposited by the Trustees of the White Fund, Lawrence, Massachusetts