Lower left: C. Pissarro. 95
April 10, 1895, sold by the artist to Durand-Ruel, Paris and New York (stock no. 1789) [see note 1]; 1910, sold by Durand-Ruel to John Pickering Lyman (b. 1847? - d. 1914), Portsmouth, N.H. [see note 2]; 1914, by inheritance to Theodora Lyman (d. 1919), Portsmouth; 1919, gift of Miss Theodora Lyman to the MFA. (Accession Date: September 18, 1919) NOTES:  According to a letter from Claire Durand-Ruel Snollaerts, Catalogue Raisonné Camille Pissarro, to the MFA (2003). The painting was previously thought to have been dated 1894 and sold to Durand-Ruel in that year.  According to notes in the MFA curatorial file.
The John Pickering Lyman Collection—Gift of Miss Theodora Lyman