By 1922, Frank T. Sabin, London; 1925, sold by Sabin to William Harrison Woodward (b. 1856 - d. 1941), London [see note 1]; 1941, passed to his estate, represented by his son, Arthur M. Woodward, London; 1944, gift of the estate of W. H. Woodward to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 8, 1944) NOTES:  This painting was first lent by Mr. Woodward to the MFA in 1939, along with other Italian paintings from his collection. It was donated in 1944 in lieu of payment to the MFA for conservation work the museum conducted on the painting collection. At the time, it was attributed to Michele da Verona. It had also been attributed by Bernard Berenson (Italian Pictures of the Renaissance [Oxford: Clarendon, 1932]) to Giovanni Battista Utili da Faenza.
Gift of the William Harrison Woodward Estate, made possible through the Herbert James Pratt Fund
106.0 x 185.3 cm (41 3/4 x 72 15/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Tempera and oil on panel