Bronze. Square hollow base with concave sides, infant half-turned to rest left hand at far corner, right arm across chest.
1953, Eugene L. Garbáty (b. 1880 - d. 1966), East Norwalk, CT [see note 1]; 1953, sold by Garbáty to the MFA for $800. (Accession Date: December 29, 1953) NOTES:  Garbáty emigrated from Berlin to New York between 1938 and 1939, bringing much of his art collection with him. It is probable, though not securely documented, that he had acquired this already by 1938.
Gift of Charles B. Barnes and W. D. Gooch, Executors of the Estate of George R. White
Italian, Renaissance, 15th century
- Formerly attributed to Bartolomeo Bellano, Italian (Padua), 1437–1496/7