About 1770, Henry Perkins Weston (d. 1826), West Horsley, Surrey, England (original commission); until 1931, by decent within the famliy to Charles Francis Russell Nugent Weston (d. 1950), West Horsley; 1931, sold by Weston to Ehrich Galleries, New York; November 20, 1931, Ehrich Galleries sale, American Art Association, New York, lot 48, to the MFA for $3000 [see note 1]. (Accession Date: December 3, 1931) NOTES:  Sold as painting by Johan Zoffany.
Ellen Page Hall Fund, William Alfred Paine Fund, Martha Silsbee Fund, Maria Antoinette Evans Fund, Eva Channing Fund, and Anne Lewis Renton Fund
91.1 x 114 cm (35 7/8 x 44 7/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Oil on canvas