Fruitwood Distaff. Carved in open work with dolphin, satyres, putti climbing between acanthus leaves, and crowned by a shepherdess holding a distaff.
June 9, 1934, acquired by Leopold Blumka, Vienna [see note 1]; 1965, sold by Blumka Gallery, New York, to the MFA. (Accession Date: January 13, 1965) NOTES:  According to annotations on an index card (possibly a stock card from the Blumka Gallery) in the MFA curatorial file. Leopold Blumka moved the Blumka Gallery from Vienna to New York in 1939.
Frederick Brown Fund