By 1921, Harry Fuld (b. 1879 - d. 1932), Frankfurt [see note 1]; by inheritance to his widow, Ida Maria Felsmann Fuld (b. 1884 - d. 1975), Frankfurt and London; consigned by Mrs. Fuld, through Wilhelm Henrich, Frankfurt, to Rosenberg and Stiebel, New York; 1970, sold by Rosenberg and Stiebel to the MFA [see note 2]. (Accession Date: January 14, 1970) NOTES:  It was first published by Georg Swarzenski, "Deutsche Alabasterplastik des 15. Jahrhunderts," Städel-Jahrbuch 1 (1921): 195, fig. 141.  Hanns Swarzenski of the MFA recommended the sculpture for purchase (January 14, 1970), writing: "Mrs. Fuld recently gave the figure on commission to Saemy Rosenberg in New York."
Harriet Otis Cruft Fund