Marble. Facing left, long curling wig over gilded armor and unidentified order(?) (perhaps St. Hubert) on ornate chain. Drapery around shoulders; on architectural pink marble plinth (broken at back) FRANCESCO / 1° cut and painted in scrolled ellipse on swag.
1956, exchanged and sold by Blumka, New York to the MFA for $10,000. (Accession date: June 7, 1956)
William Francis Warden Fund and gift of Frank Gair Macomber by Exchange