The elliptical stand is formed from a single piece of sheet with an applied wire border. It rests on four reeded feet. The slightly flaring rim has a reeded edge and panels of piercing. A band of bright-cut and engraved lozenges follows the edge of the tray.
Engraved in center, replacing earlier engraving, ALR
On underside, maker's mark TW (possibly Grimwade 2967) overstriking another; lion passant; leopard's head crowned; date letter p; sovereign's head.
By 1916, Mrs. Horatio A. Lamb; 1952, transferred to Misses Aimee and Rosamond Lamb; 1969, gift of Misses Aimee and Rosamond Lamb to the MFA. (Accession Date: May 14, 1969)
Gift of Miss Aimée and Miss Rosamond Lamb