From the 12th century until about 1922/1926, the church of San Baudelio de Berlanga, Berlanga de Duero, Spain (original commission); 1922, frescoes acquired by Léon Levi (dealer); about 1922/1926, frescoes removed from Spain, possibly to London, where they were transferred to canvas [see note 1]; 1927, with Gabriel Dereppe, New York [see note 2]; 1927, sold by Dereppe to the MFA for $75000. (Accession Date: November 17, 1927) NOTES:  See Mojmir S. Frinta, "The Frescoes from San Baudelio de Berlanga," Gesta, 1964.  Dereppe was a dealer who worked with Demotte and Co., Paris. Through him, the frescoes from San Baudelio de Berlanga were dispersed among several museums.
Maria Antoinette Evans Fund
195 x 387.3 cm (76 3/4 x 152 1/2 in.)
Medium or Technique
Fresco secco transferred to canvas