Possibly by 1829, Antonio Surti, Florence [see note 1]. Possibly by 1883, J. H. Lazarus [see note 1]. 1885, Colonel William D. Sohier; 1923, gift of William D. Sohier. (Accession date: December 6, 1923) NOTES:  According to documentation in MFA curatorial file, this painting, formerly attributed to Furini, was possibly the same painting lent by Antonio Surti to an exhibition at the Boston Athenaeum in 1829.  Further documentation reveals that it may have been the same painting that was lent by J. H. Lazarus to an exhibition in Louisville in 1883.
Gift of Colonel William D. Sohier