Constructed in ebony, with brass inlays, of rectangular form with bowed ends, a three division rack for bottles.
About 1810/1815, probably made for Matthew Robinson Boulton (b. about 1772 - d. 1842), Tew Park, England; until 1987, by descent within the family, to Major Eustace Robb, Tew Park; May 27-29, Tew Park sale, Christie's, London, lot 13. About 1987/1988, National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (Walker Art Gallery), Liverpool. By 1988, H. Blairman and Sons, London. About 2002, acquired on the London art market by Horace Wood Brock, New York; 2010, gift of Horace Wood Brock to the MFA. (Accession Date: January 26, 2011)
Gift of Horace Wood Brock