A chapel in Glottertal (near Freiburg), Germany (?). Before 1935, Professor Geiges (possibly Fritz Geiges, b. 1853 - d. 1935), Freiburg, Germany [see note 1]; sold by Geiges to Siegfried J. Thannhauser (b. 1885 - d. 1962), Munich and Brookline, MA; 1963, bequest of Dr. Siegfried J. Thannhauser to the MFA. (Accession Date: May 8, 1963) NOTES:  Dr. Thannhauser immigrated to the Boston area in 1935. According to Edward R. Lubin's appraisal of his collection (February 14, 1962), this sculpture was purchased from Professor Geiges in Freiburg, and came from "the chapel in Glottertal."
Bequest of Dr. Siegfried J. Thannhauser in memory of his wife Franziska Peiner Thannhauser
German (Upper Rhine or Swabia), Medieval (Gothic), about 1375–90
- Unidentified artist, Spanish, 14th century