Paper label on each: "Collection G. Ephis / DELFT 060" and "Collection G. Ephis / DELFT 061"
By 1981, private collection, The Netherlands. By 1992, Pieter Hoogendijk (dealer), Naarden, The Netherlands; 1994, sold by Hoogendijk to the G. Ephis collection (private collector), France; 2012, sold by the G. Ephis collection to the MFA. (Accession Date: October 24, 2012).
The G. Ephis Collection—Museum purchase with funds donated anonymously, Charles Bain Hoyt Fund, John H. and Ernestine A. Payne Fund, Mary S. and Edward J. Holmes Fund, William Francis Warden Fund, Tamara Petrosian Davis Sculpture Fund, John Lowell Gardner Fund, Seth K. Sweetser Fund, H. E. Bolles Fund, and funds by exchange from the Kiyi and Edward M. Pflueger Collection-Bequest of Edward M. Pflueger and Gift of Kiyi Powers Pflueger
Dutch (Delft), about 1690
- Attributed to Adriaen Kocks, Dutch, Proprietor, The Greek A Factory, active 1687–1701
Height x width x depth: 29.5 x 30.5 x 7.6 cm (11 5/8 x 12 x 3 in.)
Medium or Technique