Lower right: PAUL HENRY
1938, purchased in Dublin by Henry L. Shattuck, Boston [see note 1]; 1938, gift of Shattuck to the MFA. (Accession Date: November 17, 1938) NOTES:  According to a letter of February 28, 1939 in curatorial file, Shattuck purchased the picture in Dublin in the summer of 1938. Although we do not know exactly from whom he acquired the picture, a label on the reverse of the frame reads "Cambridge's Fine Arts Galleries, Dublin."
Gift of Henry L. Shattuck
© Estate of Paul Henry, IVARO, Dublin, 2012.