The ladle, which is forged, has a fluted, round bowl, a curving stem that is square in section, and ribbed Onslow end.
On back of handle, maker's mark IC (Grimwade 1224), (struck four times)
By 1916, Mrs. B. M. Jones, Boston; 1920, sold by Mrs. B. M. Jones to the MFA for $25.00. (Accession Date: October 7, 1920)
Samuel Putnam Avery Fund