Probably before 1935, acquired in Munich by Siegfried J. Thannhauser (b. 1885 - d. 1962), Munich and Brookline, MA [see note 1]; 1963, bequest of Dr. Siegfried J. Thannhauser to the MFA. (Accession Date: May 8, 1963) NOTES:  Dr. Thannhauser immigrated to the Boston area in 1935. According to Edward R. Lubin's appraisal of his collection (February 14, 1962), this sculpture was purchased in Munich.
Bequest of Dr. Siegfried J. Thannhauser in memory of his wife Franziska Peiner Thannhauser