Carved bone. Two frames of five each.
By 1889, presumably inherited from her husband by Mrs. T.F. Richardson, Washington, D.C. [see note 1]; April 5, 1932, inherited by her daughter Mrs. Charles J. White [see note 2]; by 1961, inherited by her husband Dr. Charles J. White, Boston, MA; 1961, gift of Dr. Charles J. White. (Accession date: April 12, 1961) NOTES:  From December 6, 1889, this object was lent to the MFA by the Mrs. T. F. Richardson as the property of "the late T.F. Richardson" (MFA Loan 1341).  In 1932, the loan to the museum was transferred to Mrs. Charles J. White (MFA Loan No. 87.32).
Gift of Dr. Charles J. White