A large deep shaped circular dish with molded rims. The two applied handles are baluster shaped and slightly upcurved.
Maker's Mark: a crowned fleur-de-lis, two grains, IB, a tower(?) (Helft, 918).Maison Commune: Rennes, 1754-1755, for small works: a crowned G (Helft, 930). Charge Mark: 1750-1756, for large objects: a crowned 9 with a cross inside. ( Helft, 930). Other: guarantee mark used after 1838: a little crab (Tardy, p. 173); an undetermined mark on the handle, similar to the discharge mark for large objects 1775-1781 (Helft, p. 323, no. 936)
By 1912, Boivin, Paris. By 1920, Houzeau (dealers), Paris. By 1926, Collection Meric, Paris [see note 1]. Elizabeth Parke Firestone (b. 1897 - d. 1990) and Harvey S. Firestone, Jr. (b. 1898 - d. 1973), Akron, OH and Newport, RI; 1993 [see note 3]; gift of the estate of Elizabeth Parke Firestone and Harvey S. Firestone, Jr., to the MFA. (Accession Date: May 26, 1993) Notes:  1926, exhibited at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs, Paris, cat. #738.
Elizabeth Parke Firestone and Harvey S. Firestone, Jr. Collection