Strasbourg Cathedral [see note 1]. 1793, possibly removed from Cathedral [see note 2]. 1961, sold by Mme R. Hein, Paris, to the MFA for $1,557.50. (Accession date: March 8, 1961) NOTES:  See letter by H. Swarzenski, March 8, 1961, and MFA Bulletin LIX, 1962.  In the same sources, H. Swarzenski speculates that statue was moved from Strasbourg Cathedral during the French Revolution.
Charles Amos Cummings Bequest Fund
French (Eastern) or German (Middle Rhine), Medieval (Gothic), second half of 14th century
- Unidentified artist, Spanish, 14th century