Stamped, lower left: Renoir
F. Valentine Dudensing (b. 1901), New York; probably by 1948, sold by Dudensing to George Putnam (b. 1889) and Katherine Harte (Mrs. George) Putnam (b. 1891), Boston [see note 1]; 1973, gift of Mrs. George Putnam to the MFA. (Accession Date: October 10, 1973) NOTES:  According to information in the MFA curatorial file, Mr. Putnam acquired this from Valentine Dudensing. He operated Dudensing Galleries in New York, later known as the Valentine Gallery, which closed in 1948. The painting was first lent to the MFA in 1964.
Gift of Mrs. George Putnam