Upper right: John / 1917
By 1920, Mrs. Kemnelley (perhaps Kennedy?), London. [see note 1]. By 1939, John Taylor Spaulding, Boston, MA [see note 2]; 1948, bequeathed by Spaulding to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 3, 1948) NOTES:  according to sticker on the reverse of the painting, it was lent by her to exhibition at Chenil Galleries, Chelsea, London, March 1920.  according to notes in curatorial file, W.G. Constable of the MFA saw this painting in Spaulding's apartment in 1939.
Bequest of John T. Spaulding