Lower left: COROT
Possibly with Emile Gavet, Paris. By 1875, M. Brun Collection, Paris [see note 1]. By 1895, Marquis Fressinet de Bellanger Collection, Paris [see note 2]. Galerie Georges Petit, Paris; sold by Galerie Georges Petit to Arthur Tooth & Sons, London and New York; March 1898, sold by Arthur Tooth & Sons to H. S. Henry, Philadelphia; January 25, 1907, Henry sale, American Art Association, New York, lot 4, to Robert Dawson Evans (b. 1843 - d. 1909), Boston; by inheritance to Mrs. Robert Dawson Evans (Maria Antoinette Hunt) (b. 1846 - d. 1917), Boston; bequest of Mrs. Evans to the MFA. (Accession Date: November 1, 1917) Notes:  M. Brun lent the painting in 1875 to the Ecole Nationale des Beaux-Arts, Corot Exhibition, Paris, no. 12.  The Marquis Fressinet de Bellanger lent the painting in 1895 to the Palais Galliera, Centenaire de Corot Exhibition, Paris, no. 79.
Robert Dawson Evans Collection